Sunday, January 18, 2009

Coughing and Sneezing and Fever, Oh My!

This past week was full of coughs, runny noses and fever. Most by me but unfortunately both of my babies got a little of it too. I want to share a little story that made me laugh and wonder if we have a future actor on our hands. On Friday we had just finished up with lunch. He got up and went over to the kitchen where he sat on a stool and proclaimed in such a sad and pitiful voice "I sad". Of course I immediately asked him to clarify, "What? You're sad?!" He comes back with, "Yeah...Joseph (boy from his school) hit Cooper. I sad." Then he cups his little hands over his face and begins to pretend cry. He gives the whimper and everything. Then I see his little eyes peek out between his fingers and give me this shy little smile. It was almost like he was saying "Do you like my performance??!" He then jumps up and shouts "I'M HAPPY!" Then he went off to play with cars. That boy makes me laugh so much!

Now onto Cate. My sweet girl turned 6 months old! That meant a visit to the pediatrician for her measurements and shots. My little chunk weighs 18.4 oz and is 27 3/4" long! I have to brag on my tough little girl. She got four shots in her legs and didn't even blink. The nurse informed me that she was going to cry on the last two because most kids do but not Cate. I was pretty much in tears but it definitely helps that Cate seemed to be more upset that she wasn't able to sit up rather than upset that she was a human pin cushion! Cooper was the same way so I guess they get their pain tolerance from me!

Despite not feeling well, I had to have some 6 month pics of Cate. Aunt Mandy came willing and ready to snap away! Here's a sneak peek!!



She was really concentrating on her toy!

No comments: