Sunday, January 25, 2009
Cook Childrens
My poor sweet Cate had her first and hopefully last trip to the ER on Wednesday. She had been fighting a pretty bad cold and cough but it started to get ugly on Wednesday. She had rapid breathing, fever and would barely eat anything (something HAD to be wrong for Cate to miss a meal). So, I called the nurse to ask if I could give her tylenol along with the other medication she was taking. The nurse didn't even respond to my question after she learned about all of the symptoms she was having. She strongly suggested we take her to the ER. So, off we go to Cook Childrens. I have never been to the ER but I would hope that what we saw was not the norm. The room was packed! I didn't think I would be able to find a seat. After two hours (we were moved up on the list too) we finally were called back. The ER doctor saw her 40 minutes later and diagnosed her with RSV/bronchiolitis. She received a breathing treatment and after about another hour, we thought we would be able to go home. Wrong. They wanted us to stay for at least 24 hours so they could continue to monitor her oxygen levels. We didn't go prepared to stay that long but with the help of family and friends, it all worked out. We had to stay in the ER a lot longer than we should have because there were no rooms available in the hospital. Once we got our own room, it was much more comfortable. Even Cate seemed to notice the difference. I wouldn't have survived this experience without all the help from family and friends! It was very comforting knowing we had all the support we needed. We are home now and doing much better! Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
OH, Michelle! I had no idea sweet Cate was so sick! I hope that things are better.
We will be thinking about you, and let us know if we can do anything. Keep Cooper...I know that Caroline would love to have him over to play!
Love,
Amy
How scary! I hope she is doing much better, we will keep her in our prayers.
I am SO sorry to hear she got RSV!
Poor, poor baby, but poor Mommy & Daddy too! RSV is everywhere and the season is until April, so be really careful with her.
Just snuggle and love that sweet girl (as if you didn't already do that :)) & I hope she gets better very quickly! I know I am not super close, but if you ever need anything, please know I am here for you!
Hugs to you!!!
Post a Comment