Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sushi

Last Friday Daniel and I had a date night. He wanted to take me to a restaurant he recently went to with some people from work. He wouldn't tell me anything except that it was going to be Japanese food. I am a little picky when it comes to food...okay A LOT picky but I went along with it. I mean we don't get out by ourselves very often so it would be fun no matter what. We get to the restaurant and it looks really nice. He did good I thought! We sit down and he immediately starts filling out his sushi card. His sushi card!!! "Who is this man?", I thought. I take a look at the menu and see nothing that looks familiar. I finally spot chicken and order that. It actually was really good! It was fun to see Daniel going after the sushi. He assured me that there was no raw fish, mainly just rice, avocado and some crab. I had to take a bite to say that I've tried sushi and to make him happy. And to no ones surprise...I nearly lost it. I really thought I was going to lose everything I had eaten that day. My eyes filled with water and my mouth went numb. I finally managed to swallow the tiny bite that fit on the chopsticks and quickly followed it with a glass of water. I can finally say I tried sushi but I will NEVER eat it again. I can't pronounce what I ordered but it was good. We finished up dinner and of course had left overs. The next day Daniel wanted to give Cooper a taste. I didn't want him to but Cooper insisted that he needed to have a bite. So, Cooper tries and then says, "I like-a the sushi!" We laughed and laughed and Cooper took more bites. I'm glad he will try new things without hesitation. I really enjoyed my date night and look forward to many more (just no sushi next time)!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man! I love sushi and Tim has never tried it so this month we are going to a great restaurant with a bunch of friends and he will be forced to try something! I hope he has a better experience then you did. I guess it's not for everyone. I don't think I will tell him your story, I'll let you know how it goes.

Julia said...

It's all in your head!!