Easter was a little bitter sweet for me this year. Last year on Easter, April 12th to be exact, I lost my first grandparent...Papaw. I will never forget getting the phone call. We went to church that morning and were on our way to Scott & Pams house for a quick lunch and egg hunt so we could get to the hospice house as soon as possible. We made it as far the doorway when my phone rang and I knew it was my dad. He didn't have to say anything, we all knew. Needless to say, we kissed the kids goodbye and went right to the hospice center. It was tough. Definitely one of the hardest moments in my life. On one hand, he was no longer suffering but the days with Papaw's funny comments and sarcastic moments were no more. Watching my family that day was beautiful. We are close but we had never been through anything like that before and to see how we all were there for each other was incredible. That day was tough, but as we all sat down for dinner that night, we sat around the table laughing and crying and best of all remembering our Papaw. I will never forget that dinner!
This Easter the kids definitely were involved with the hunt. They could care less what was in the egg, they just wanted to find them! Poor Cate, her basket was pretty full towards the end so as she would put one egg in, at least one egg would fall out. The boys hid about 20 eggs for her but she ended up picking up about 100 eggs! Cooper was a boy on a mission! He loved looking everywhere for the eggs! After the hunt was over, we went inside for a few minutes to see what kind of treasures were in the eggs. I noticed Cooper went outside but I thought he was with someone. A few minutes later he comes in announcing to everyone that it's our turn to find "it". What was "it"? Most of the money he received in his eggs. We go outside to see a path of pennies laid on the road, in the backseat of a car, under trees, etc. Luckily, it was mostly pennies!
My silly boy before the hunt at Grammy & Papa's.
This is how she held the basket the entire time.
A basket full of eggs!
A tiny break after the hunt to stop and feed the chickens!
2 comments:
I am sorry about your bittersweet day. I cannot even imagine losing one of my grandparents....
On a happier note, the Easter pics of the kids are adorable!
Love keeping up with y'all through your blog, the kids are so adorable!
Post a Comment