Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Cooper-man!

A week ago yesterday, April 19th to be exact, my baby boy turned FOUR! I can hardly get those words out of my mouth. How can it already be that we have had four years with this baby? It seems like just yesterday we were driving home and I was freaking out about every passing car that was going above 45 mph or driving too close to us. I remember thinking when we got home...is this it?! He's sleeping and I'm getting stuff done around the house, Daniel's mowing and everything is perfect...what's the big deal? HA! I know better now! He was a good baby and is still a great kid. He has his moments but he loves to make "good choices" as he calls it.

For weeks before his birthday, he asked if he could have balloons tied to his mailbox for his birthday. So, of course we said yes. He also asked if he could have a trumpet birthday party. Not sure what that would be like, so we asked for some other ideas. He simply wanted to spend time with his friends. He loves games so we thought we would choose four of his favorite games and have tons of fun at our neighborhood park. Every year before this we have had great weather. I guess asking for four years of warm weather and sunny skies was pressing our luck. We had rain, rain and more rain. So, we had everyone over and tried to play some of the games. We obiviously didn't get to do the 3 legged race or the golfing game but we managed to play duck, duck, goose and an egg game. The kids had fun so that's all that really matters, I guess.

We decided to have family over on his actual birthday also so the balloons once again were up on the mailbox. We made dinner, ate some cake & opened presents. We gave him a bike and helmet for his birthday...he has been wanting a bigger bike for a while now. He was pretty excited! Everyday he straps on his helmet and takes his bike for a spin. He had fun with entire family over and could hardly sleep that night he was so excited.

We are truly blessed to have so many family members and friends in our lives!
His birthday request!
Listening to instructions for the next game...
The rain stopped long enough to get this pic!
Tradition has been to get a cake with some sort of vehicle on it. I couldn't let him down!
Test drive #1. He loves his helmet with blinking lights.

Family pic! Poor AJ didn't want to be apart of it but Coop was determined that he needed to be in it.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Looks like Cooper had a great time. Wish you had better weather, but way to take it all in stride and make it a special day anyway.