Monday, March 16, 2009

What are you doing here?

"What are you doing here?" the question I hear probably 100 times a day. No exageration. Cooper is trying to say, "What are you doing?" but for some reason added the here to it. Like the other day...Daniel and I were running errands with the kids and we told him we were going to a certain place first. We had a change of plans and ended up going to another place first. When he realized we passed the first place he immediately began to ask repeatedly, "what are you doing here?". What's so funny is that he is so serious and he really wants to know what I'm doing or what we are doing but the way he says it is absolutely hysterical. I hate to admit but Daniel and I get so tired of hearing him ask this question over and over that we often wait to see if he will quit asking or ask one of us directly. We were waiting to answer him the other day and so he started getting bored asking in his normal voice that we hear..."Whaaaaaaaaat arrrrrrrrrrrrre youuuuuuuuuuuuuu doooooooooooooing heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere?" in a deep voice. I guess he knew he would get a reaction from us that way and he was right. Where do they get this stuff from??

One more thing, we were with a bunch of friends the other day and a little girl came up to Cooper and was admiring his t-shirt. She's probably 20 months and a petite little thing. I guess when she was admiring his shirt she kind of scratched it because I heard him say in a rather ugly tone, "No! Cooper's shirt. Don't scratch!". He had his little finger pointed at her and his eyebrows clearly expressed his disgust. I pulled him aside and told him that she just liked his shirt and wanted to touch it. So he turned around and with a sweet voice said, "See?! It's cool!!" and pulled his shirt away from his body so she could touch it. So cute!

1 comment:

Amber Smith said...

Cooper is a funny one. It seems like at his age, nearly everything they say is hysterical. He is a presh!