Friday, April 17, 2009

Papaw

The past couple of weeks have been such a blur. I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers during this rough time. I have been so blessed to have had all my grandparents and even some great-grandparents all these years. I have never had to witness death like I did this past week and pray it will be a while before I have to do it again. It is so physically and emotionally draining. Even knowing that my Papaw was a faithful man, I still had a hard time letting go. I guess most people do. There are so many things I will miss but I have comfort in knowing that he is no longer suffering and that one day we will be together again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lifting you and your family up to God in this difficult time! I lost all my grandparents while I was still a young girl, I really wished they could of met my children. You're very blessed to have had that extra time, always hang on to that!! Love you and praying for you always!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post. I cannot imagine losing my Grandpa and am praying that God rain down his peace to give you and your family comfort. You will continue to be in my prayers.

Julia said...

Michelle, I am so sorry about your Pawpaw! I didn't even know until just now! I will definitely be praying for you and your family.

Jennifer Amstutz said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa, Michelle. I can tell that he was a really special guy in your life. We're praying for you and your family.