Monday, April 6, 2009

Prayers

Some of my favorite times of the day are listening to Cooper pray. His prayers are so sweet and you can always tell who or what is on his mind. After visiting my sick grandfather, later that night Cooper wanted to pray for Papaw. I didn't think he really even noticed that Papaw was sick but I guess he did. His prayers usually start off with "Gear Gawd" (Dear God) and then turn into a list of people or things to pray for. He usually throws in a few thank you's for either food, the sun, water, family. One of his recent prayers he thanked God for something a little unusual. With hands folded and eyes closed he said, "Thank you for tires". To Cooper, cars are his world so naturally he wanted to thank God for tires. So cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't have an email address for you, so I'll use this....I wanted to say that I am SO sorry about your Grandpa...you guys are in my prayers.