Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Stowaway

Thursday morning I hear the phone ringing and look at the clock. "6:40am??! Who is calling me this early?" I thought. I squint and read the numbers....it's Daniel. I answer and he starts off by saying, "Guess who hitched a ride with me to work?" I gave a couple of guesses but at 6:45 in the morning I didn't offer any good answers nor the correct one. "Just tell me!" I finally told him. "AJ" he said with a little laugh. At that point I was awake. How did our big fat cat ride in the jeep all the way to Alcon without Daniel or Nathan noticing?! How was he going to get home and when? These were all the questions that raced through my mind as soon as he told me. We did laugh a little but then we had to figure out how to get him home. So I got dressed, got the kids dressed, dropped Cooper off at school and went to pick up AJ. He noticed me when I pulled up behind the jeep and walked over to the passenger side so I could get him. He did fine but was ready to be home. We love our AJ!!

No comments: